Property for Sale | Villa Gaia, Kastos Island, Ionian Islands, Greece | €1,450,000
A unique proposition on the tiny island hideaway of Kastos: a wonderfully spacious light-filled villa with dreamy sea-view terraces and a fabulous infinity pool… and it could be all yours!
Villa Gaia was completed in 2017 and is the largest luxury private villa on Kastos Island, the undiscovered gem in the Middle Ionian Sea, inhabited by just a few other lucky souls. It’s located within close proximity to Kastos village/harbour with several excellent tavernas and bars, ferry/sea taxi to the mainland and private boat mooring.
The villa, beautifully constructed out of local stone, comprises a single, split-level layout of 275 m2 internal area sitting in a large private plot of 13,500 m2 with panoramic views over the surrounding Middle Ionian, with easy sea and beach access.
Designed with long-term sustainability in mind, it is fully solar powered [with substantial back-up generator], underfloor heating/cooling throughout and has a large 120,000 litre fresh water tank allowing winter rain capture plus access to normal mains water from village supply.
Interior accommodation comprises:
- Large 80 m2 main living/kitchen/dining room with panoramic sea views leading to shaded, integral dining/seating terrace;
- Master bedroom suite with dressing room and private 100 m2 terrace with panoramic sea views;
- Large en-suite family bedroom with additional family accommodation loft area with doors onto both shaded pergola terrace leading to pool and side garden;
- Further large en-suite bedroom with doors leading to shaded pergola terrace and pool/garden area;
- Further separate WC/cloakroom/shower room;
- Large utility and storage room.
External features include:
- Spacious terrace areas with panoramic sea views;
- Infinity pool with stunning views over Middle Ionian Sea;
- 30 m2 shaded dining and outdoor kitchen/BBQ area;
- Naturally shaded garden seating area with sea views;
- 80 m2 roof terrace accessed via separate stone staircase with 360 degree views over neighbouring Kalamos and Ionian Sea, ideal for both yoga and star gazing;
- Shaded parking area for 2 vehicles;
- Large storage room next to generator and other plant/equipment
Why is this such an attractive investment?
- Discerning investors have been increasingly buying up the more desirable property in the area;
- Skorpios island [ex. Onasis family] was recently purchased by a wealthy investor and is being further developed;
- Meganisi island has seen prices for desirable waterfront property soar and dozens of private villas, some of substantial size, have been built or are in course of construction over the last several years; 40 new properties are under construction presently; the Rothschild family purchased the 300 hectare tail of Meganisi for long term investment and development;
- Local air and road infrastructure has improved substantially and is developing further;
- Greece is increasingly being seen as having attractive investment potential going forward;
- Local tourism is growing; the Ionian is seen as a highly desirable location for land and water based holidays;
- Among these favourable developments, the island of Kastos in the heart of the Middle Ionian offers some unequalled attractions for the discerning resort developer, luxury villa client or longer term property investor;
- Kastos Investments has local individuals to manage upkeep of assets and access to local architects, engineers, trades and servicing personnel.
Try Before You Buy
We highly recommend experiencing Kastos Villa Gaia before making this investment. If you’re interested in spending the Summer in Kastos, please call Oscar on: +44 7774 017 984 or email: [email protected]