COVID-19 | Latest Travel Information
At Ski Armadillo we are closely following news and updates regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and how this may affect your travel plans. The health and well-being of our customers is extremely important to us. So, in light of the current COVID-19 outbreak, we have put together answers to the most commonly asked questions regarding the issue.
UPDATED: 10:00, Wednesday 11-March-2020
What is the current situation in Valais?
Currently, 18 cases of coronavirus infection have been detected in Valais.
Should I be afraid to travel to Valais?
No, there are no travel restrictions in Valais (or in Switzerland)
Are ski resorts in the Valais closed?
No, ski resorts are also not affected by the ban imposed by the Federal Council on gatherings of people. All stations are therefore open
Is my holiday going to take place as planned?
As it stands, all of our holidays are continuing to operate as normal in both Verbier and Nendaz and we will continue to provide our full programme of holidays for the foreseeable future. Neither of these resorts we operate in are currently considered risk areas.
Will I know if my travel plans or holiday are going to be affected?
We are paying close and constant attention to all guidance from the UK’s Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO), ABTA, Public Health England and any local health authorities in the destinations in which we operate. If we are made aware of any advice given by the FCO or any overseas government agencies against non-essential travel to your planned destination, you will be informed accordingly should your holiday be affected. Due to the uncertainty around the nature of the spread of Coronavirus, any decisions surrounding cancellations or significant changes to your booking may happen at short notice.
Can I cancel my holiday even though Ski Armadillo are planning for it to go ahead as normal?
Yes, however, if the FCO have not issued a warning against travel then this is subject to our normal cancellation terms. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more information.
Will I be covered by my travel insurance if I decide to cancel?
This will depend on the terms of your policy and on the reason for your cancellation. For example, if you are concerned about a serious underlying medical condition, then you should contact your travel insurance provider to check if you can make a claim.
What is Ski Armadillo doing in resort to help combat an outbreak?
We have stringent cleaning processes in place, and all of our chalets are always deep-cleaned prior to new guests arriving. Hand sanitizers are available in all our chalets and alcohol-based cleaning products are used on a regular basis. Staff have been given instructions as to the best way to protect themselves and our guests from any spread of the virus and additional hygiene steps have been implemented when we are cleaning our properties and also our staff accommodation.
Where can I check for up-to-date travel and health information for my destination?
– UK health authorities are providing detailed advice for specific destinations and locations which is available at: www.gov.uk/guidance/wuhan-novel-coronavirus-information-for-the-public
– Travellers are advised to read the FCO travel advice for the country they are travelling to: www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
– The Federal Office of Public Health (FOPH) provides the current situation in Switzerland: https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov.html
– The NHS website has useful information about how to take preventative measures against Coronavirus at: www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19
– ABTA also has updated advice and FAQs for travellers at: https://www.abta.com/news/coronavirus-outbreak